Thursday, October 23, 2008

my favorite chair friends


Le Corbu, Mies, MacIntosh, Aarnio, Jacobsen, Eames... I will probably never be able to afford one of their chairs...ok I may not even be able to afford a reproduction of their chairs...but thanks to Chiasso I can have miniatures... which are still a bit pricey for "dollhouse furniture." 

But I could afford this "Chair Eye Exam" poster by Blue Art Studio. I have a deeply rooted fear of eye exams, I can't really explain it other than that I panic before them and am convinced I am going to fail. This might be the perfect way of getting me over that fear...or helping me practice with some beautiful designer chairs on my walls. This poster would have come in handy in college when I had to memorize all of these designers. 
But where is the Rietveld chair? 

No comments: